Sunday, September 19, 2010

I laugh in the face of temptation

This past weekend was a real test of my will power. Since beginning Medifast I have steered clear of temptation, but I was unable to avoid it this weekend.

It all began with date night with my son Friday night at Applebees. We ordered the 2 for $20, which comes with an appetizer. Before we left for dinner I looked at the menu online to see what I could eat, but knew that I would come face-to-face with my former love - spinach dip. To make matters worse, my son didn’t eat very much of it and so it sat there in front of me… taunting me. I immediately boxed it up, put it in a bag and tied it shut!

The next day we went to the local festival. Corn dogs, polish sausage sandwiches, funnel cake, a beer garden and worst of all - my favorite wine. Last year, I bought the souvenir glass because refills are less and I refilled that glass many times. This year not so much. Let me just tell you that going to a crowded festival with my rambunctious 9-year-old is definitely not as fun sober.

The final test came Sunday when I went to an early lunch with my girlfriends. Not only was I going to eat my lean & green meal earlier than normal, but we were going to an Italian restaurant where they have fantastic bread. But I prevailed! I was able to make alterations to my meal and I boxed up the pasta that came with it right away to take home to my fiancé.

Being a food lover on a strict diet is not easy, which is why I have failed many times before. However, this time really does feel different. From where my fat-ass sits, my future skinny life is looking pretty good.

No comments:

Post a Comment