Thursday, July 14, 2011

Is it natural to feel like throwing up after booking your wedding?

On February 2, 2010, I became engaged to my boyfriend. And on April 6, 2011 ­– after a few postponements and snags in the planning – we booked our wedding. That’s 14 months or 428 days or 10,272 hours in which I had known I would be getting married. So I was a little shocked by my reaction when we FINALLY booked our wedding venue – panic! I literally felt nauseous. I asked my fiancé “Is it natural to feel like throwing up immediately after booking your wedding?” Surprisingly he said yes. He told me how his sister felt the same way after buying her house, so it must be natural to feel that way after making a huge life decision. He has been so calm through this whole process and I have been a complete wreck, mainly because I never actually wanted a wedding. When we became engaged all I had in my head was that I waned to be his wife. A wedding never even crossed my mind. But I accepted the fact that the actual ceremony is extremely important to my fiancé and our families.

Now that we are a couple months away from the wedding I am finding myself getting excited. At first I was very worried about how we were going to be able to pay for it and the burden it would put on our parents, but everything has fallen into place wonderfully. The thing I was dreading the most was going wedding dress shopping. I am not a girlie girl by any means. I almost never wear dresses and I NEVER wear high heels. So going to pick out a dress that I would wear while 50 people stared at me was not something I was looking forward to. I would rather sit through the Lord of the Rings trilogy while listening to rap music! But I have to say it was less painful than I expected it to be and I walked away with a dress that is both comfortable and flattering. Although I do not hate all this wedding crap as much anymore, I am ready for it be done and over with so we can begin our new life together. Oh and party like rockstars with our family and friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment